Monday, September 8, 2014

Educational Technology Experience(s)



Experiences (Or lack there of)

From what I could always remember is that my educational technology experience was either minimal or absent. It wasn’t necessarily a bad thing, for me, I’m extremely traditional- pen and paper with written assignments type of student. That may be because I was raised from two parents that grew up without technology and were very detail oriented when it came to writing everything down with a pen or pencil. Technology, for me, is somewhat difficult to wrap my head around. 

 In middle school up into high school the only use for computers that I can recall is typing any paper or document that we needed for class.  If I needed a computer to do research on, for the most part, it was done at home either on my mom’s computer or my old, run-down, brother’s hand-me-down college computer that was used when the wheel was invented. 

It first came to me once I arrived at SNHU. Never have I heard of online assignments and places where you can turn in documents to the teacher via the internet. As a senior, it took me practically all 4 years to somewhat grasp the technology experience. This class, to me, is already filling my head with different tools, resources and applications not only for my own use, but if I have students down the road. 


1 comment:

  1. Welcome to the world of technology! I know how you feel, I've recently began teaching my dad how to use an iPhone, and it is an uphill battle for him, since he hasn't touched a computer since the early 2000s. Hopefully you can become comfortable with it to use it for future reference in your career! If you have any questions, I'm happy to help as well, since I'm an aspiring Computers teacher!

    ReplyDelete